Zenneth Kok 2007 U.K. Lecture Tour Travelog Day 29
30 - 7- 2007
Today's big event being the visit to Magic Circle, somewhere close to the Euston station. I made a call to Patrick Page and gave him the regards from Gordon and Peter, unfortunately he had to leave at 8:30 P.M., we didn't talk much, otherwise, I'll definitely consult him for some opinions on being a magician.
By the time I arrived Magic Circle, it's already 7:30 P.M., it is an amazing building indeed, some rigid dressing codes though: no jeans, no T shirt. [There are more and more male celebrities who would wear Jeans and a suit jacket to attend some important events these days, I guess we have a new definition of the dress code these days.]
Anyway, that's not a big problem really.
Magic circle was doing their summer school when I was there, the topic is about some mechanical props, which is not my type of thing.[oh..well...I can't afford them, that's the real reason]
I wandered around, read the news that are being placed on the wall, watched all the posters, photos and some other collections of many late giants. Magic was so different in their time...
Maybe I should pay a visit to Wu Qiao, it's a small town in China, neverthe the less the centre of Chinese acrobat[ by the way, magic is being considered as a form of acrobat in China, historically] and learn some traditional chinese magic.
I went to the bar, most senior magicians were there, unfortunately I don't know any of them except Ali Bongo, we chatted awhile, Ali seems like Hong Kong very much, yeah, it's an amazing city, isn't it? [set aside the politics in the local magic scene, that is.]
Alan introduced me to James, who's the booker of lecturers of the circle, apparently he enjoyed my works very much and telling me that the Magic Circle will be more than pleased to book me for a lecture in my next visit to U.K. [sure thing, pleasure]
Left the circle between 9- 10, couldn't really remember the exact time, and then we went to Nando's, a resturant that serves Indian food on Baker street. I am more excited about the fact that I finally been to the place that Sherlock Holmes used to live...
The Baker Street tube station is even more fascinating...
I wanted to go to the Sherlock Holmes bar that Peter told me about, unfortunately, time is money, which I was running low.
Today's big event being the visit to Magic Circle, somewhere close to the Euston station. I made a call to Patrick Page and gave him the regards from Gordon and Peter, unfortunately he had to leave at 8:30 P.M., we didn't talk much, otherwise, I'll definitely consult him for some opinions on being a magician.
By the time I arrived Magic Circle, it's already 7:30 P.M., it is an amazing building indeed, some rigid dressing codes though: no jeans, no T shirt. [There are more and more male celebrities who would wear Jeans and a suit jacket to attend some important events these days, I guess we have a new definition of the dress code these days.]
Anyway, that's not a big problem really.
Magic circle was doing their summer school when I was there, the topic is about some mechanical props, which is not my type of thing.[oh..well...I can't afford them, that's the real reason]
I wandered around, read the news that are being placed on the wall, watched all the posters, photos and some other collections of many late giants. Magic was so different in their time...
Maybe I should pay a visit to Wu Qiao, it's a small town in China, neverthe the less the centre of Chinese acrobat[ by the way, magic is being considered as a form of acrobat in China, historically] and learn some traditional chinese magic.
I went to the bar, most senior magicians were there, unfortunately I don't know any of them except Ali Bongo, we chatted awhile, Ali seems like Hong Kong very much, yeah, it's an amazing city, isn't it? [set aside the politics in the local magic scene, that is.]
Alan introduced me to James, who's the booker of lecturers of the circle, apparently he enjoyed my works very much and telling me that the Magic Circle will be more than pleased to book me for a lecture in my next visit to U.K. [sure thing, pleasure]
Left the circle between 9- 10, couldn't really remember the exact time, and then we went to Nando's, a resturant that serves Indian food on Baker street. I am more excited about the fact that I finally been to the place that Sherlock Holmes used to live...
The Baker Street tube station is even more fascinating...
I wanted to go to the Sherlock Holmes bar that Peter told me about, unfortunately, time is money, which I was running low.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home