Zenneth Kok 2007 UK Lecture Tour Travelog Day 28
29 - 7 -2007
Before going to the airport, Peter drove me to Etta's place and she took a few photos for me and Peter again. I don't want to go, not for Peter is one of the best cardmen on earth, but for he is such a nice and humorus guy.
Peter, thank you very much for everything!
The Scottish card guys....amazing!!! All of them have something of their own, signature pieces, fabulous "convention" moves...I thought I have seen alot of moves, boy, I was wrong bigtime! Gordon Bruce showed me at least 20 card moves that I have never seen before, Peter..haha...other than showing me the moves that I have never seen before, he actually showed me many moves that I thought I know what they are!
If you think you are good with a pack of cards, you should pay a visit to Glasgow and you'll be a much more humble and likeable magician again.
Said goodbye to Peter and Etta at the airport..
I got to Stansted first and then went back to Liverpool Street by train, and then I went to Waterloo by tube...when I saw Lee, I was knackered! I need to take a shower and have some good rest, but Lee asked me to join him and few others guys for dinner.
Sergio and Dynamo were both there, this is actually the first time I see Dynamo, heard he's very good with cards, especially his break dance with card flourishes, something that's absolutely unique. He did show me something, but I was too tired and the resturant wasn't a nice place for him to do his act.
It's was quite late when we finished dinner, I tried to catch the train and I couldn't, and then I went to the tube and that's closed, I waited for half an hour on the street to catch a taxi, but eventually, I was able to go to Sergio's place.
I chatted awhile with Sergio about magic, and he invited me to see his street magic show, mind you, by street magic, I am talking about busking, the traditional definition of street magic, not the David Blaine/Criss Angel/Cyril street magic [which you are not really paid by the spectators to perform].
Before going to the airport, Peter drove me to Etta's place and she took a few photos for me and Peter again. I don't want to go, not for Peter is one of the best cardmen on earth, but for he is such a nice and humorus guy.
Peter, thank you very much for everything!
The Scottish card guys....amazing!!! All of them have something of their own, signature pieces, fabulous "convention" moves...I thought I have seen alot of moves, boy, I was wrong bigtime! Gordon Bruce showed me at least 20 card moves that I have never seen before, Peter..haha...other than showing me the moves that I have never seen before, he actually showed me many moves that I thought I know what they are!
If you think you are good with a pack of cards, you should pay a visit to Glasgow and you'll be a much more humble and likeable magician again.
Said goodbye to Peter and Etta at the airport..
I got to Stansted first and then went back to Liverpool Street by train, and then I went to Waterloo by tube...when I saw Lee, I was knackered! I need to take a shower and have some good rest, but Lee asked me to join him and few others guys for dinner.
Sergio and Dynamo were both there, this is actually the first time I see Dynamo, heard he's very good with cards, especially his break dance with card flourishes, something that's absolutely unique. He did show me something, but I was too tired and the resturant wasn't a nice place for him to do his act.
It's was quite late when we finished dinner, I tried to catch the train and I couldn't, and then I went to the tube and that's closed, I waited for half an hour on the street to catch a taxi, but eventually, I was able to go to Sergio's place.
I chatted awhile with Sergio about magic, and he invited me to see his street magic show, mind you, by street magic, I am talking about busking, the traditional definition of street magic, not the David Blaine/Criss Angel/Cyril street magic [which you are not really paid by the spectators to perform].

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home