Zenneth Kok 2007 UK Lecture Tour Travelog Day 27
28-7-2007
When I got up at the morning, which was already 11:30 a.m., I continue the reading of Eric Mead's article of Paul Harris in Magic Magazine, he is quite a guy, very eccentric in my opinion but what an astonishing life that he is leading!
Peter drove me to Roy's shop again, where I met quite a few big boys in the Scottish Card School. Roy gave me a short lesson again, shared some of the stories of John Ramsay with me.
Roy, thank you for being the source of my inspiration and what you have done to card magic.
Session time with Peter Duffie, Gordon Bruce, Gavin Ross, Gary Middleton and Jack McCelements, all of these guys are extremely funny, it's a pity that George McBride wasn't able to make it, but that's still an amazing afternoon [Geroge is putting out a DVD set soon, check it out when it hits the market!].
One extremely important discovery: I never know that I have been doing a wrong handling of the Elmsley Count for 7 years!!!
Speak of the Elmsley Count, Gordon shared quite few stories of different people trying to teach Alex Elmsley how to do his Elmsley Count without knowing the person that they were talking to was Alex Elmsley himself!
Knowing that I am heading back to London and will be going to Magic Circle on Monday night, Gordon gave me the contact of Pat Page and asked me to get in touch with him, erm...well...honestly, not sure if I have the guts to actually make a call to Pat Page, he is a legend, afterall.
Finally, we had the waitress at the Black Bar to take a group photo for us, looking at the photo, I realized I haven't been so happy for a long time.
Peter, Etta and I went to China Blue to have a proper Chinese dinner, haha....the last time I had Chinese food in this country was a takeaway [Fujian Noodles] at Cornwell, and last night I finally had some rice!
I couldn't get used to eating rice with a plate, so I asked for a bowl, and the waitress gave me the bill...er....The message in the fortunate cookie is a very special one:
A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, only to return home to find it...
hmmmm...okay, I'll see if I can find my lost copy of The Complete Walton 2 when I get back to Hong Kong.
Another late night session with Peter after we back to home, Peter fried my brain again and again with some moves....by the time we went to bed, it's already 5:30 a.m.!
When I got up at the morning, which was already 11:30 a.m., I continue the reading of Eric Mead's article of Paul Harris in Magic Magazine, he is quite a guy, very eccentric in my opinion but what an astonishing life that he is leading!
Peter drove me to Roy's shop again, where I met quite a few big boys in the Scottish Card School. Roy gave me a short lesson again, shared some of the stories of John Ramsay with me.
Roy, thank you for being the source of my inspiration and what you have done to card magic.
Session time with Peter Duffie, Gordon Bruce, Gavin Ross, Gary Middleton and Jack McCelements, all of these guys are extremely funny, it's a pity that George McBride wasn't able to make it, but that's still an amazing afternoon [Geroge is putting out a DVD set soon, check it out when it hits the market!].
One extremely important discovery: I never know that I have been doing a wrong handling of the Elmsley Count for 7 years!!!
Speak of the Elmsley Count, Gordon shared quite few stories of different people trying to teach Alex Elmsley how to do his Elmsley Count without knowing the person that they were talking to was Alex Elmsley himself!
Knowing that I am heading back to London and will be going to Magic Circle on Monday night, Gordon gave me the contact of Pat Page and asked me to get in touch with him, erm...well...honestly, not sure if I have the guts to actually make a call to Pat Page, he is a legend, afterall.
Finally, we had the waitress at the Black Bar to take a group photo for us, looking at the photo, I realized I haven't been so happy for a long time.
Peter, Etta and I went to China Blue to have a proper Chinese dinner, haha....the last time I had Chinese food in this country was a takeaway [Fujian Noodles] at Cornwell, and last night I finally had some rice!
I couldn't get used to eating rice with a plate, so I asked for a bowl, and the waitress gave me the bill...er....The message in the fortunate cookie is a very special one:
A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, only to return home to find it...
hmmmm...okay, I'll see if I can find my lost copy of The Complete Walton 2 when I get back to Hong Kong.
Another late night session with Peter after we back to home, Peter fried my brain again and again with some moves....by the time we went to bed, it's already 5:30 a.m.!

1 Comments:
Dear Zen,
I look forward when you come back and do session with me for things you learn in Scotland.
Steven
Post a Comment
<< Home