Philosopher's Stone

Life of yours sincerely as a dream catcher..

Name:
Location: Hong Kong, Kowloon, China

Enneargram: conscious personality is Type 3w2 unconscious personality is Type 9w8

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Zenneth Kok 2007 UK Lecture Tour Travelog Day 26

27 - 7- 2007

woah!!! Finally!!! The Roy Walton Moment!!!!!!

Peter drove me to Roy's shop and introduced me to Roy, unlike most magicians would say of Roy, he is not shy at all, in fact, Roy is quite talktive. I bought The Complete Walton 1&2 again, just to get them signed by Roy.

I was so eager to show two of my Collectors effect to Roy: Zen Spread Display for Collectors and the 7 cards act. It's such an honour to be able to show my variations to the originator of the plot!

Believe it or Not, Roy taught me how to do:

Trigger
The Classic Pass

He performed:

Stage shout
A card to pocket effect

....again...I am out of words to describe anything...

Gordon Bruce came in and took the picture for me with Roy and Peter, it really is one of the most unbelievable moments in life, it's..too good to be true, I mean..it's way much beyond my imagination! Now, I am sharing the same highlight in magic life as Ray Kosby.

George Mcbride wasn't able to stay long, but we'll come out tomorrow for a session again...

Gordon, Peter and me left Roy's shop and we had some food in a resturant nearby, Gordon started to show me his materials...geees.... all Scottish cardman can do a great pass!!!

After the lunch, we went to a resturant to have some coffee and talked a bit about magic, the session didn't start untill we went to The Horse Shoe, which is an old victorian bar. Gordon showed me his Backfire, Double Covered Pass [something I call CBR Pass, Covered Bottom Retention Pass], Riffle Pop Out move, the Sidesteal [the world's fastest sidesteal!] and 30 other moves or so..it's such a treat!

After the session at Horseshoe, Gordon had to go, and Peter took me to Urban bar, which is a quiet one, now it's time for Peter to blow me away with his falsedeals: Peter did his interchangable dealing -- second, middle and bottom effortlessly....it's just stunning!

Time flies, it's dinner time, Peter took me to see his girlfriend and we went to Casino together, unfortunately I was out of luck, losed some £40 at the slot machine, returned everything I earned from Hilton Casino at Isle of Mann...

On the way Peter driving me home, we talked about titles for books and tricks, and Peter is right when he says sometimes it's harder to think of a name for the book. Well, speak of that, one of the reasons why I named my booklet as 15 Maneuvers is that I want to publish a series, and the next time I could simply name my book 16 Maneuvers and on and on...

Peter suggested a really cool name though, Fiften Unusual Card Knock-outs..hahahaaa...right..I'll use it!

By the time we hit home, Peter started to fry my brain with more routines and effects, his "7 cards trick"...awww....I was badly fooled by it....very very bad...

We talked alot about magic, whenh I hit the bed, it's already 4:30 am!!!

I should talk a bit about Peter as a person, he is such a man.....
You might get an impression that he is a totally cool bloke [yes, he is cool but...] when you check out his website, but he is extremely funny and humorous...

He did one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time, it has something to do with Max Maven's eyebrow and Chinese sticks.....hahhahaaaaaa

Zenneth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home