Philosopher's Stone

Life of yours sincerely as a dream catcher..

Name:
Location: Hong Kong, Kowloon, China

Enneargram: conscious personality is Type 3w2 unconscious personality is Type 9w8

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

2008 1st Australian Tour

23 days passed already? I am not quite able to accept the reality that right now I am in front of the computer in Hong Kong.

It's only a very short while ago that I was having breakfast with Pansy this morning, coffee with Desmond, and lunch with Rachael and Tina.

This tour has been a fabulous one, catch up with old friends in Sydney, Brisbane and Adelaide: Desmond, David, Benny, Kenny & Katy, Dave, Shoot, Brad, Anton & Jing, Lucas, Joko, Pedro ...

And of course, my lovely sister Rachael!

Made some new friends too:

Jay Jay, Peter & Rita, and the very adorable Pansy

If I need to thank Cedric for a reason, then I must say it's very kind of him for allowing me to stay in his apartment after I returned to Sydney and that I can get to know Pansy.

Well, Cedric, you lucky bastard, if I were you and money is not a problem, I would rather stay in Sydney than coming back to Hong Kong too.

A real pity that I wasn't able to meet Roxy and Bray Bray because of the shortage of time, magic wise, it's also a shame that I couldn't meet up with Raymond Crowde when I was in Adelaide, but I'll definitely make that up in Oct this year.

I must say I am not having enough of Australia, especially after I returned to Sydney from Adelaide.

Paid a visit to BlueMountains, helped out Rachael to check out and moved much of her stuffs from her dorm to the house nearby. BM is lot more like Europe than Australia in my opinion, but it wasn't the best of the time when I visit BM, been foggy and raining during the time I was there, and I was too much occupied/tired to go to 3 sisters too.

Still it's not too bad in a sense that Rachael managed to take me to two of the best resturants there, and for the first time (maybe the last time too) that I tried the Chicken Liver with breads for breakfast/lunch, the taste is absolutely..hmm...unique....

Rachael, thanks a lot for taking care of me =)

The quality of life is significantly higher for most people in Australia than in Hong Kong, although the forms of enjoyment are quite different from state to state, Australians do know how to enjoy their life, and often it's not much to do with the material satisfaction.

Beautiful beaches, mountains and trees are everywhere in Australia, there are just so many breathtaking natural sceneries in Australia, the best thing is, you do and you actually can have that mentality/mode to enjoy them yet you won't be able to do the same in Hong Kong.

I reckon Stanley is probably the closest place in Hong Kong to Australia, but I still can't feel it when I am there, right, obviously, there are too many people in Hong Kong and our working hours are ridiculously long.

The tour could haven't been better if the Australian Dollar is not so strong, it's pretty much of the same exchange rate as US Dollar to Hong Kong Dollar, I need to try really hard to control my expenses, plus it also defeat the purpose for me to do fund raising for the victims of SiChuan Earthquake if I spend too much money.

Hey Presto moved to Sky Garden, the original shop at Imperial Arcade is already massive as a magic shop in my opinion, now it's at least 2-3 times bigger than the original and that it's in CBD! Garry, tell me your secret, you must be selling drugs to kids rite?

How wonderful to catch you with old friends, and how hard to say goodbye to them...

Well, I am going back to Australia again in Oct for lecture tour, and this time I'll stay longer...

Maybe I should just visit Australia once a year even if I don't get any works to do there..............

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zenneth,

I'll be hosting you in Perth. Would you please contact me by e-mail using ray@perthmagic.com?

Look forward to meeting you.

Best,
Ray

8/20/2008 5:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home