Brisbane - Dave and Brad
During my stay in Brisbane, I spent the most of my time with Dave Lord and Brad Manuel, in fact, I stayed for two nights at Brad's place.
Brad has a very lovely wife and 3 amazingly cute children, I was already impressed with his works as a magician when I was touring Australia in 2006, after spending 2 days with him, now I hold an even higher opinion of him not only as a magician but also as a human being.
He was invited to do many lecture tours in various countries, but he didn't go, not that he can't do or doesn't know how to do a lecture, but he would rather spend more time with his family and do things what he really wants to do.
We spent sometime together to talk about magic, not really a jam session, but rather it's Brad who shared his stories, ups and downs in his career path with me. Brad keep saying the magic that he does is not very clever, yes, maybe, but they certainly are very different... You can tell from the items that he is currently marketing: Room 2 Move, Credit Card Fraud and The Heat is On...etc...
hmm....be different....
Dave Lord is a very intelligent and entertaining magician, when we go to rainbow beach and mountain climbing, he is capable to tell me the name of nearly all the trees on the mountain, where did you learn all these things from?
After we left Brad's place, Dave took me to a gig where he did a 45 mins stand up show and some close up. Like many others, I used to think a 45 mins stand up show is too long, but the fact is, if the show is solid and entertaining, you will only be amazed by how fast time goes...
Dave did some really funny stuffs in his show, to me, and I certainly had a lesson on doing professional magic! There are so many good gags and lines that are just perfect for some of the card stuffs that I am doing now. Sorry, Dave, but I have decided to steal some of your lines...=P

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home