Zenneth Kok 2007 UK Lecture Tour Travelog Day 9
10 -7 - 2007
Apparently, Scarborough is not close to Cleethorpes, so I had to leave the hotel early and took the early train, whch was 10:30 a.m., by the time I reached Cleethorpes, it was already 4 p.m.? John picked me up at the railway station, he's fast company.
The hotel that I stayed is quite far away from town centre I believe, but it was close to a beach, which I had a walk before the commencement of the lecture, can't help but think of many things when I look forward.
Kif gave me some cup noodles before he left UK, he was right, let's not talk about the health issues at this point, honestly, it is quite tasteful, eventhough I will probably hate eating cup noodles after this tour, for I have had too much of it.
The lecture took place at a bar, some 20 people came to the lecture and they were very happy with what I have performed and explained in the lecture.
One of the attendents - Steve, happen to be a big fan of mine and he was very excited about what I have done and complimented me a lot. Steve, thanks for your nice words, I really appreciate it.
What's really interestin is that after the lecture, Sarah asked me to perform a few tricks for some lay spectators in the bar, it was a group of 7, so I decided to perform a multiple selection routine, and it went very well, of course.
John complained about it, he said I should teach it in the lecture, well....don't be too greedy, I mean, I have already showed you guys the "double optical alignment move".
Once again....exhuasted....
Apparently, Scarborough is not close to Cleethorpes, so I had to leave the hotel early and took the early train, whch was 10:30 a.m., by the time I reached Cleethorpes, it was already 4 p.m.? John picked me up at the railway station, he's fast company.
The hotel that I stayed is quite far away from town centre I believe, but it was close to a beach, which I had a walk before the commencement of the lecture, can't help but think of many things when I look forward.
Kif gave me some cup noodles before he left UK, he was right, let's not talk about the health issues at this point, honestly, it is quite tasteful, eventhough I will probably hate eating cup noodles after this tour, for I have had too much of it.
The lecture took place at a bar, some 20 people came to the lecture and they were very happy with what I have performed and explained in the lecture.
One of the attendents - Steve, happen to be a big fan of mine and he was very excited about what I have done and complimented me a lot. Steve, thanks for your nice words, I really appreciate it.
What's really interestin is that after the lecture, Sarah asked me to perform a few tricks for some lay spectators in the bar, it was a group of 7, so I decided to perform a multiple selection routine, and it went very well, of course.
John complained about it, he said I should teach it in the lecture, well....don't be too greedy, I mean, I have already showed you guys the "double optical alignment move".
Once again....exhuasted....

5 Comments:
Dear Zen,
It's already half way on your UK lecture tour...
Seems you are not able to sell much of prepare products at all. It will be wise to ask spectator their point of view to see anything we can do better. Otherwise, you will put yourself in bad situation.
Just read your travelling logs! Take care, although not all things go smoothly, I am sure you would have had a great experience after this UK tour. It is not gonna be interesting if life is just all smooth!!
Louise
Zenneth
Have just read your travelling logs. It's great to hear that you appreciate the beauty of certain places, like Isle of Mann (though I'd never been to that place myself).
Sometimes, satisfaction and happiness in life comes in 'intangible forms'! So although your props may not be selling well (that's beyond your control anyway)... I am sure you will have gained a great experience regardless by the end of this UK tour.
Keep smiling and stay positive.
Louise :>
The best part of the lecture for me was when he left one of the most experienced magicians at our club open mouthed and stunned - priceless.
Zenneth your a star - they are still talking about the lecture now.
John
Thanks everyone!
I thinking things are getting slightly better now, fortunately, most dealers that I have come across are interested in buying my items, so I think I can survive...=)
Thanks,
Zenneth
Post a Comment
<< Home