Zenneth Kok 2007 UK Lecture Tour Travelog - Day 1
2-7-2007
After 12 hours of flight and nearly 4 hours of train, I have arrived Leicester in whole. Up till this moment, I still have no idea of how Jim could of convinced to bring that many products and DVDs with me. [aauui....wait a mintue, I have dreamed of this moment before, that I am sitting in this place - a convinence store and doing something in front of a computer, believe it or not.]
Anyway, the very first thing that I like to say is, everything in UK is freaking expensive!
Before my departure, I have made a change of £150, which slightly more than $2000 HKD.
In less than 12 hours time [since my arrival to U.K.], £100 was spent, and that's $1550 HKD! for that much of money, what did I get?
1: Train ticket from Airport to Leicester £45-50? [can't really remember]
2: 2 bottles of Coke £2 [$30 HKD for 2 bottle of coke?...oh...yup]
3: 1 bottle of water £1.35
4: a roll of double sided tape
5: sub of the day at subway + medium sized coke light
6: Voda prepaid account +£15 Top Up credit [which I have already used up]
7: £10 international call card
8: taxi fare from the train station to hotel [£4 for a distance that is only 3-4 mins by walk, I am taking too many bags and luggages with me]
9: Internet access £3 for 1.5 hour
10: some other gadgets: lighter, adaptor....
Jesus....how much you would have to earn in order to live in U.K. [especially @ London, which I believe the price for everything tend to be more expensive than in other areas of U.K.]
I have settled down myself at Ramada hotel which is also the headqurater of Leicester Magic Circle, and done all the preparation works for my lecture...
Part 2:
The first lecture of my UK tour officically started at 7:45 p.m. not many attendets, which I can understand, I suppose that's what a lecture really is in Western countries.
I have probably made a mistake though, for showing too many technically demanding materials in the lecture, I believe, I have successfully convinced certain amount of people not to pick up card magic. lol...
But that's a lesson, the experience helps me to make the necessary changes of the contents of the lecture.
Was nearly exhuasted when the lecture reached its end, I head back to my room and immediately fall into sleep, which also brings the end to day 1 of my 2007 U.K. tour.
Cheers,
Zenneth
After 12 hours of flight and nearly 4 hours of train, I have arrived Leicester in whole. Up till this moment, I still have no idea of how Jim could of convinced to bring that many products and DVDs with me. [aauui....wait a mintue, I have dreamed of this moment before, that I am sitting in this place - a convinence store and doing something in front of a computer, believe it or not.]
Anyway, the very first thing that I like to say is, everything in UK is freaking expensive!
Before my departure, I have made a change of £150, which slightly more than $2000 HKD.
In less than 12 hours time [since my arrival to U.K.], £100 was spent, and that's $1550 HKD! for that much of money, what did I get?
1: Train ticket from Airport to Leicester £45-50? [can't really remember]
2: 2 bottles of Coke £2 [$30 HKD for 2 bottle of coke?...oh...yup]
3: 1 bottle of water £1.35
4: a roll of double sided tape
5: sub of the day at subway + medium sized coke light
6: Voda prepaid account +£15 Top Up credit [which I have already used up]
7: £10 international call card
8: taxi fare from the train station to hotel [£4 for a distance that is only 3-4 mins by walk, I am taking too many bags and luggages with me]
9: Internet access £3 for 1.5 hour
10: some other gadgets: lighter, adaptor....
Jesus....how much you would have to earn in order to live in U.K. [especially @ London, which I believe the price for everything tend to be more expensive than in other areas of U.K.]
I have settled down myself at Ramada hotel which is also the headqurater of Leicester Magic Circle, and done all the preparation works for my lecture...
Part 2:
The first lecture of my UK tour officically started at 7:45 p.m. not many attendets, which I can understand, I suppose that's what a lecture really is in Western countries.
I have probably made a mistake though, for showing too many technically demanding materials in the lecture, I believe, I have successfully convinced certain amount of people not to pick up card magic. lol...
But that's a lesson, the experience helps me to make the necessary changes of the contents of the lecture.
Was nearly exhuasted when the lecture reached its end, I head back to my room and immediately fall into sleep, which also brings the end to day 1 of my 2007 U.K. tour.
Cheers,
Zenneth

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home