Zenneth Kok 2007 UK Tour Travelog - Day 3
4-7-2007 Day 3
I got up as early as yesterday, around 6:30 A.M.
Spent a considerable amount of time to wash my clothes and socks...
Finally, when I was ready to go around to have a look, it's already 10 A.M.
Weather is not particularly friendly today, quite misty...but then I don't intend to go too far away from the hotel.
As I was looking around, I spotted a small castle, it turned out to be a real thing which was built back in early 1800s. The castle used to be a hotel, that's Castle Mona Hotel for your information, but apparently due to some financial problems, the last owner sold it and it's temporarily left empty at the moment.
The keeper of the hotel is a gentleman in his 50s or possibly 60s, he was surprised when he found someone [that's your sincerely]acting suspiciously outside the front door of the hotel, but then he was fairly pleased when he knows that I truly admire this kind of thing, casltes and heritages, that is.
He brought me to the ball room and few other rooms in this empty castle...you probably won't believe how I felt at that moment, I was so excited about it. I have been dreaming for a long long time that one day I could walk around in a castle ...you would too, if you watched "Robin Hood" or any other cartoons/fairytales which involves a castle when you were a kid.
The best thing being that I am the only one in the castle, well, not only one, but then, the keeper kindly gave me sometime to wander around and do whatever I wanted to do.
The lamp, the wall, the statues, the paint, ...everything in the caslte is just so delicate and elegant....to sum up...it's wonderous!!!
For a few seconds, I feel like if I was a duke or something and I owned the castle...all the guests dress up and dining, chatting, dancing in the ball room, and they love what the strolling magician doing with a pack of cards.
Part of my childhood dreams has come true and I can't really express my feeling with words...
Now I am back to the hotel and the reality...will share more experience with you soon.
[Time] 5:55 P.M.
Just returned to Hotel, oh..Paul...thanks alot, I love you...don't get me wrong, I love you in a sense that thank you for your arrangement of getting John to take me to the CastleTown this afternoon, of course, John, thank you very much for your effort and treat, much appreciated!
Guys, I published the first half of today's travelog this morning and Paul saw it, he immediately gave me a call telling me that if I have the same fixation about castles as Steve Beam does, I can go to the Castletown, which is a real thing!!! [This also says that Paul is an extremely considerated person, great hospitality!]
I can't really tell you how excited I was and still am!
The real castle, however, is not really a place that's suitable for the accommodation for contemporary human beings. The experience/impact of going into a real castle has rendered me speechless!
Check this out: CastleTown, Isle of Mann
BTW, Isle of Mann is so beautiful that I have decided that I will definitely return here some point in my life, perferablly not on my own.
oooooui.......time to do some preparation for tonight's lecture...
until then...
Zenneth
I got up as early as yesterday, around 6:30 A.M.
Spent a considerable amount of time to wash my clothes and socks...
Finally, when I was ready to go around to have a look, it's already 10 A.M.
Weather is not particularly friendly today, quite misty...but then I don't intend to go too far away from the hotel.
As I was looking around, I spotted a small castle, it turned out to be a real thing which was built back in early 1800s. The castle used to be a hotel, that's Castle Mona Hotel for your information, but apparently due to some financial problems, the last owner sold it and it's temporarily left empty at the moment.
The keeper of the hotel is a gentleman in his 50s or possibly 60s, he was surprised when he found someone [that's your sincerely]acting suspiciously outside the front door of the hotel, but then he was fairly pleased when he knows that I truly admire this kind of thing, casltes and heritages, that is.
He brought me to the ball room and few other rooms in this empty castle...you probably won't believe how I felt at that moment, I was so excited about it. I have been dreaming for a long long time that one day I could walk around in a castle ...you would too, if you watched "Robin Hood" or any other cartoons/fairytales which involves a castle when you were a kid.
The best thing being that I am the only one in the castle, well, not only one, but then, the keeper kindly gave me sometime to wander around and do whatever I wanted to do.
The lamp, the wall, the statues, the paint, ...everything in the caslte is just so delicate and elegant....to sum up...it's wonderous!!!
For a few seconds, I feel like if I was a duke or something and I owned the castle...all the guests dress up and dining, chatting, dancing in the ball room, and they love what the strolling magician doing with a pack of cards.
Part of my childhood dreams has come true and I can't really express my feeling with words...
Now I am back to the hotel and the reality...will share more experience with you soon.
[Time] 5:55 P.M.
Just returned to Hotel, oh..Paul...thanks alot, I love you...don't get me wrong, I love you in a sense that thank you for your arrangement of getting John to take me to the CastleTown this afternoon, of course, John, thank you very much for your effort and treat, much appreciated!
Guys, I published the first half of today's travelog this morning and Paul saw it, he immediately gave me a call telling me that if I have the same fixation about castles as Steve Beam does, I can go to the Castletown, which is a real thing!!! [This also says that Paul is an extremely considerated person, great hospitality!]
I can't really tell you how excited I was and still am!
The real castle, however, is not really a place that's suitable for the accommodation for contemporary human beings. The experience/impact of going into a real castle has rendered me speechless!
Check this out: CastleTown, Isle of Mann
BTW, Isle of Mann is so beautiful that I have decided that I will definitely return here some point in my life, perferablly not on my own.
oooooui.......time to do some preparation for tonight's lecture...
until then...
Zenneth

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home