Cards You Softly - The E book
Very consistent with my philosophy of life, I have made another new experiment and this time I decide to publish the first set of my english lecture notes-- Cards You Softly as an ebook. It is currently available at:
http://www.lybrary.com/cards-softly-p-390.html?osCsid=35222babff457f9a9c19d7553548e48b
When I get back to Hong Kong, I will build an official website and make it available on my own website as well.
Yes, I fully understand the risk of e-publication and I know how easy to get your materials spread around the world for free when it appears in the form of ebook. Well, I will have to test the water, am I right?
While they don't represent my actual reputation in terms of sleight of hand card magic but I do love the materials in Cards You Softly, because everything inside are not difficult to do, highly practical and commercial, something people can actually use in their performances.
This set of lecture notes will be available in both hard printed form as well as in ebook form, let's see which medium will bring me more revenue.
Here is the introduction of Cards You Softly- International Edition:
http://www.lybrary.com/cards-softly-p-390.html?osCsid=35222babff457f9a9c19d7553548e48b
When I get back to Hong Kong, I will build an official website and make it available on my own website as well.
Yes, I fully understand the risk of e-publication and I know how easy to get your materials spread around the world for free when it appears in the form of ebook. Well, I will have to test the water, am I right?
While they don't represent my actual reputation in terms of sleight of hand card magic but I do love the materials in Cards You Softly, because everything inside are not difficult to do, highly practical and commercial, something people can actually use in their performances.
This set of lecture notes will be available in both hard printed form as well as in ebook form, let's see which medium will bring me more revenue.
Here is the introduction of Cards You Softly- International Edition:
Introduction
Spectators always applaud skills, and good skills will make you more viable as a magic performer. Fortunately, we don’t always have to be a sleight of hand master in order to amaze and amuse our spectators. Routines that are technically easier in execution do not necessarily mean they are inferior to those which require technical excellence to perform. However, I don’t believe skills can be completely substituted, so please take some time in order to obtain good skills. To tell the truth, I understand not every magician is interested in those knuckle-busting routines, they can be fascinating to watch, unfortunately not always fun to do.
All the effects included in these lecture notes are within the reach of the intermediate card student. These routines are also packed with entertaining presentation and patter lines.
I have introduced what I call ‘One Two Punch’ here, it is combination of two routines which flow into each other. Incidentally, the two One Two Punches all use a presentation which involves money, making them more “commercial” looking, so to speak.
My friend “Benny the amazing card surgeon Lau” has kindly contributed an item to this set of lecture notes, it’s his take on the classic Biddle Across effect, and it is brilliant! Imagine a presentation that allows you to have your spectator pick a card by his or her nose! I am very thankful to Benny for his permission to include this effect here.
Finally, special thanks to Joko, who suggested the creative title of this set of lecture notes.
Enjoy!
Zenneth
31-8-2006
Notes for International Edition:
In the Melbourne stop of my Australian Lecture Tour, I had the honour to get to know Charles Gauci, who generously shared his invaluable ‘3S principle’ with me:
Strong Effect, Simple [easy to do] and Small [packs small, plays big]
After some consideration, I decided to replace a technically demanding routine in the original set with other items, and I hope you can find some material which lives up to the 3S principle in this set of notes.
Spectators always applaud skills, and good skills will make you more viable as a magic performer. Fortunately, we don’t always have to be a sleight of hand master in order to amaze and amuse our spectators. Routines that are technically easier in execution do not necessarily mean they are inferior to those which require technical excellence to perform. However, I don’t believe skills can be completely substituted, so please take some time in order to obtain good skills. To tell the truth, I understand not every magician is interested in those knuckle-busting routines, they can be fascinating to watch, unfortunately not always fun to do.
All the effects included in these lecture notes are within the reach of the intermediate card student. These routines are also packed with entertaining presentation and patter lines.
I have introduced what I call ‘One Two Punch’ here, it is combination of two routines which flow into each other. Incidentally, the two One Two Punches all use a presentation which involves money, making them more “commercial” looking, so to speak.
My friend “Benny the amazing card surgeon Lau” has kindly contributed an item to this set of lecture notes, it’s his take on the classic Biddle Across effect, and it is brilliant! Imagine a presentation that allows you to have your spectator pick a card by his or her nose! I am very thankful to Benny for his permission to include this effect here.
Finally, special thanks to Joko, who suggested the creative title of this set of lecture notes.
Enjoy!
Zenneth
31-8-2006
Notes for International Edition:
In the Melbourne stop of my Australian Lecture Tour, I had the honour to get to know Charles Gauci, who generously shared his invaluable ‘3S principle’ with me:
Strong Effect, Simple [easy to do] and Small [packs small, plays big]
After some consideration, I decided to replace a technically demanding routine in the original set with other items, and I hope you can find some material which lives up to the 3S principle in this set of notes.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home