The Australia Lecture Tour Review
The Australia lecture tour is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have lectured in four cities:
Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Adelaide
In average there were some 20 people attended in each lecture, and the reaction was fantastic!!!
Sydney is the first stop of the lecture tour, I am very grateful to Gerry of Heypresto magic shop for organising this tour. This is actually my very first english magic lecture, and I must say I was really happy with the fact that I was highly encouraged by the lecture attendents. Seen some familiar faces in my sydney lecture, most of my magic friends in Sydney attended my lecture, they have been very supportive, thanks guys.
On 11th, I went to Brisbane and David Lord picked me up at the airport, after wandering around a couple of hours in the city, we went to The Redbrick Hotel, where the lecture took place. A couple of magicians went to Superday in Sydney, therefore not able to attend my lecture, however, I received some warmest greetings from Brisbane magicians. The original plan was to lecture for 90 mins, but after two hours+ of performance, auidence still wanted more...! I am glad that even magicians not highly interested in card magic were able to sit through it.
I stayed in a truly charming and lovely female magician--Rosanna's place during my stay in Brisbane. Rosanna is a full time pro also works as a clown doctor too, her hospitality is absolutely close to my heart, she would ask me in the most tenderous way whether I want coffee or tea or something to eat every morning when I wake up... :oops: wish I could stay longer...
It's also a pleasure to meet Brad Manuel, a brilliant Australian magician who hits me hard with his commercial and high impact act.
Special thanks to David Lord, Rosanna and Brad, I really enjoyed my stay in Brisbane.
Melbourne Lecture took place on 16th night, at Swiss Club, a lot of local magicians turned up in my lecture and I must say I had very good time lecturing in Melbourne. Apparently, there are more card guys in Melbourne, therefore the reaction I got was extremely enthusiastic!!! Charles Gauci said he's extremely impressed with my handling with cards, he made a prediction that I'll be one of the hottest properties in magic very soon if I still working on magic, well, he is a great mentalist and I believe him, of course!
Charles gave me some very important advices on being a lecturer on the way he drove me to the airport, those advices are invaluable! I can't thank him for enough!!!
The last stop of my Australia tour is Adelaide, Anton Holmes and his girlfriend Jing are great hosts! What's unique about the magic club in Adelaide is that they have their own venue, a heritage building that they were approved to use by the city council. The building looks like quite ordinary from the outside, however, once you walked into it, you will be amazed by the magical atmosphere within, there is a small collection of ancient magic props, and a lot of framed photos of past and contemporary magic greats hang on the walls. My lecture went very well as usual,albeit the materials are more or less too technically demanding for the audience, that's not a problem, still very informative, haha...It's also a lot of fun to jam with some hobbists in Anton's place.
Thanks Anton and Jing for their warm hospitality!
This has been a very joyful tour, I learned a lot of things myself too!!! haha... time to move onto a new journey!!!
Cheers,
Zenneth
I have lectured in four cities:
Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Adelaide
In average there were some 20 people attended in each lecture, and the reaction was fantastic!!!
Sydney is the first stop of the lecture tour, I am very grateful to Gerry of Heypresto magic shop for organising this tour. This is actually my very first english magic lecture, and I must say I was really happy with the fact that I was highly encouraged by the lecture attendents. Seen some familiar faces in my sydney lecture, most of my magic friends in Sydney attended my lecture, they have been very supportive, thanks guys.
On 11th, I went to Brisbane and David Lord picked me up at the airport, after wandering around a couple of hours in the city, we went to The Redbrick Hotel, where the lecture took place. A couple of magicians went to Superday in Sydney, therefore not able to attend my lecture, however, I received some warmest greetings from Brisbane magicians. The original plan was to lecture for 90 mins, but after two hours+ of performance, auidence still wanted more...! I am glad that even magicians not highly interested in card magic were able to sit through it.
I stayed in a truly charming and lovely female magician--Rosanna's place during my stay in Brisbane. Rosanna is a full time pro also works as a clown doctor too, her hospitality is absolutely close to my heart, she would ask me in the most tenderous way whether I want coffee or tea or something to eat every morning when I wake up... :oops: wish I could stay longer...
It's also a pleasure to meet Brad Manuel, a brilliant Australian magician who hits me hard with his commercial and high impact act.
Special thanks to David Lord, Rosanna and Brad, I really enjoyed my stay in Brisbane.
Melbourne Lecture took place on 16th night, at Swiss Club, a lot of local magicians turned up in my lecture and I must say I had very good time lecturing in Melbourne. Apparently, there are more card guys in Melbourne, therefore the reaction I got was extremely enthusiastic!!! Charles Gauci said he's extremely impressed with my handling with cards, he made a prediction that I'll be one of the hottest properties in magic very soon if I still working on magic, well, he is a great mentalist and I believe him, of course!
Charles gave me some very important advices on being a lecturer on the way he drove me to the airport, those advices are invaluable! I can't thank him for enough!!!
The last stop of my Australia tour is Adelaide, Anton Holmes and his girlfriend Jing are great hosts! What's unique about the magic club in Adelaide is that they have their own venue, a heritage building that they were approved to use by the city council. The building looks like quite ordinary from the outside, however, once you walked into it, you will be amazed by the magical atmosphere within, there is a small collection of ancient magic props, and a lot of framed photos of past and contemporary magic greats hang on the walls. My lecture went very well as usual,albeit the materials are more or less too technically demanding for the audience, that's not a problem, still very informative, haha...It's also a lot of fun to jam with some hobbists in Anton's place.
Thanks Anton and Jing for their warm hospitality!
This has been a very joyful tour, I learned a lot of things myself too!!! haha... time to move onto a new journey!!!
Cheers,
Zenneth

4 Comments:
It was a pleasure having you stay Zenneth. You are welcome back anytime that you like.
The lecture was amazing, I've never had my brain hurt that much before :)
You are a legend. The Shoot Ogawa of cards, I think it's more like he's the Zenneth Kok of Coins ;)
Take it easy my friend. See you on the woods.
Received an email from David Lord, much thanks to his nice words about my lecture.
Greetings,
I just wanted to let everybody know that the lecture by Zenneth Kok from Hong Kong really was excellent!
You all probably know that I am not a big fan of card tricks, but I was entranced throughout the whole lecture, and would have gladly sat through even more! Zenneth had some well thought out routines, and some very pretty moves!
BUT, it would be remiss of me to not publicly thank a couple of very special people..
Garry Cohen, owner of HEY PRESTO MAGIC STUDIO, (Click Here) was the instigator and organizer of the lecture tour.
Thanks, Garry, for including Brisbane in Zenneths itinerary.
Also, Rosanna Maccarron fed and accommodated Zenneth while he was in Brisbane . This was extremely generous considering that Rosanna was not able to attend the lecture due to having a gig that night! Thanks heaps, Rosanna, especially for offering at such late notice!
It is only through efforts of people like these that we can get lecturers to visit Brisbane .
Cheers,
Dave Lord
Adelaide Lecture Review:
http://ibm148.blogspot.com/2006/10/zenneth-kok-lecture.html
Adelaide Lecture Pictures:
http://picasaweb.google.com/hopwood147/ZennethKokLectureAndBeyond
Post a Comment
<< Home