Overload
Hopefully and better be it, that I am actually experiencing a somewhat embarrising stage of learning and applying the recently learned vocabularies, rather than the possibility that I've forgotten how to speak english.
Last night, a female friend of mine has introduced a single and available Korean girl to me, trying to put an end to my relationship status as a single man. Frankly speaking, this is not even in the concern of my own, but I guess there is no reason I shouldn't be grateful of her. Anyway, I tried to talk with this Korean girl, she didn't take away my breathe, but for quite a few moments, I was stuck in nowhere as if I don't speak English at all. I even failed to figuare out a way to ask her some deadly simple questions, including but not limited to "Have long have you been in Sydney?"
I thought about it on the way home, tried to find out a logical explanation for this phenomenon, and I believe, a reason which is highly probable -- vocabulary overload. Lately, I have been reading Time(express) magazine and in fact all of the academic english publications that are accessible to me, and I did spend a considerable amount of time learning new vocabularies as well as sentence patterns from them. If you are what you read, Time certainly falls short of making me an articulate person in most occasions of my social circle.
Right, clearly I must do something to pick up the conversational english, yet I don't buy the idea of learning it from textbook, humm....oh yeah, FHM, that's the way to go.
Last night, a female friend of mine has introduced a single and available Korean girl to me, trying to put an end to my relationship status as a single man. Frankly speaking, this is not even in the concern of my own, but I guess there is no reason I shouldn't be grateful of her. Anyway, I tried to talk with this Korean girl, she didn't take away my breathe, but for quite a few moments, I was stuck in nowhere as if I don't speak English at all. I even failed to figuare out a way to ask her some deadly simple questions, including but not limited to "Have long have you been in Sydney?"
I thought about it on the way home, tried to find out a logical explanation for this phenomenon, and I believe, a reason which is highly probable -- vocabulary overload. Lately, I have been reading Time(express) magazine and in fact all of the academic english publications that are accessible to me, and I did spend a considerable amount of time learning new vocabularies as well as sentence patterns from them. If you are what you read, Time certainly falls short of making me an articulate person in most occasions of my social circle.
Right, clearly I must do something to pick up the conversational english, yet I don't buy the idea of learning it from textbook, humm....oh yeah, FHM, that's the way to go.

1 Comments:
Check out:
www.fhm.com.au
It's a magazine pretty much for men only.
Post a Comment
<< Home