Philosopher's Stone

Life of yours sincerely as a dream catcher..

Name:
Location: Hong Kong, Kowloon, China

Enneargram: conscious personality is Type 3w2 unconscious personality is Type 9w8

Monday, April 23, 2007

Zenneth Kok Asian Lecture Tour -- Singapore & Malaysia

Singapore Lecture

Singapore Lecture IBM Ring 115 is organising a lecture by Zenneth Kok on 21 April. Below are the details.

Zenneth Kok is an innovative magician from Hong Kong who has created over 200 original tricks and publish 6 sets of lecture notes. He is the chief editor of the first ever Chinese monthly newsletter called “Evocation” that is devoted to close-up magic. He is best known for the marketed effect “Impossible Twist” which has rave reviews from John Carney, Ray Kosby and Reed McClintock. Zenneth is presently touring Australia with this lecture.

The LECTURE will include his 8 Cards Act II – a mini card act that will be published in a booklet shortly by H & R. Zenneth will also discuss his Inducing Challenges Theory and a good application for it. He will teach some of his original moves and creations with playing cards.

DATE: Saturday, 21 April 2007
VENUE: Bayview Hotel, 30 Bencoolen Street
TIME: 8.00 pm sharp
COST: $25 per head (IBM member);
$30 (non IBM member) $30 at the door (IBM member)
$35 at the door (Non IBM member)

Malaysia Lecture

Date: Sunday,22nd April 2007
TIME: 4PM
Venue: Club de Swan (near time square... walking distance)
Cost: RM 50 per head



Just finished my lecture in Singapore and Malaysia, both lectures are very well received, John, Betsy(Sg), Vincent and Brendan(Malay) get my bow for their efford and great hospitality, I really appreciate it. The lecture in Singapore took place at the Bayview Hotel with 30+ attendents, the lecture in Malaysia(KL) took place at Club de Swan (yeah, it's a night club with many sexy chinese girls, I will be seeing many of them, only if my lecture didn't start at 4:00 P.M.).

I realize it's very hard for Malaysia to organize a magic lecture, because of the currency:
1 HKD = 2.27 RK

It costs $15 USD to buy my booklet, that's around $117 HKD
It costs $30-$40 HKD to buy yourself a meal in Hong Kong, but it only costs $10-20 HKD to buy a similar meal in Malaysia.

Therefore, you can imagine it's hard to kids in Malaysia to attend magic lectures.

Brendan has tried his very best to gather people to attend my lecture, special thanks to Brendan for his help!

The weather of both countries are really hot, I made my exception of delivering a lecture not in suit in KL, boy..it's just too hot..=.=...So I did a free ad for Leslie's trick shirt -- Life without magic would be a mistake...and I got some really cool reaction with that! The good thing of not being in Hong Kong is that I won't be forced to work, so that I can have sometime to read, this time I bring along a book that I bought two years ago, and finally I get chance to read it.

Yes...I know the idea sounds quite stupid, that I go to another country just to read a book instead of doing some tourist things, but then, you see how devoted I am to magic...hahaha...

After my lecture in singapore, John kindly recommanded me to Thailand and Philippine IBM Ring and Vincent recommanded me to do a lecture in Jarkata, so...guess I will be doing another Asian tour somepoint in this year again. Great, if that's the case, I'll have time to read another big magic book...heheee...


Until next time!

Zenneth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home