Philosopher's Stone

Life of yours sincerely as a dream catcher..

Name:
Location: Hong Kong, Kowloon, China

Enneargram: conscious personality is Type 3w2 unconscious personality is Type 9w8

Saturday, May 20, 2006

The Da Vinci Code

I had read this book a year ago, and published an article about the plotting of the story in Evocation. But no, don't expect that you will be able to read any substantial review or innovative insights about the fiction here in my blog, I am simply not in a position to comment on both the story or the christianity controversy that it provokes.

Last night, I went to watch the movie with a friend. Comparing the movie with the original novel, I'll opt for the later. To me, the most enjoyable experience occasioned when reading the original novel is more about the riddle solving process than the validity of Dan Brown's assumptions.

I am a buddhist, and never really interested in christianity, but I will be interested in knowing the reason why Jesus Christ couldn't had been married, had a companion, or even descendants. Because it will be considered as a sin (original?) if Jesus had done it?

Or there are other reasons why Vatican prohibited christians from reading the book or watching the movie, because they don't want to face the history and fact that woman in church has been surpressing for ages?

Anyway, I won't bother to findout the anwser...

1 Comments:

Blogger Zenneth said...

You did lend me the book, but I have returned you shortly afterwards after reading.

You are right, can't say I care much whether Jesus was married or not...

5/23/2006 9:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home