...and the Art of Summarizing
Different people see things from different point of view, while not everything will necessarily either fall into the busket of white or black, in many cases, people do group themselves into two wings according to their beliefs, and often contradicate to each other.
Once a basic belief or perception is formed, people (at least some of them) will stand up and speak up for it. One of the major benefits from presenting and hearing different arguement and opinion is that the process will trigger an exchange of thoughts, and facilitate a chance of seeing the blind spots in our thinking. Most reasonable people will agree that stimulations from an opposite direction can be a source of inspiration.
Unfortunately, as I have observed, not too many people are capable to conduct the debate and exchange of conflicting thoughts in a proper way. Conflict in beliefts often lead to verbal confrontations, sometimes even in a rather drastic physical form.
Very often, some constrcutive discussions will eventually turn into character references. It is probably the last (yet often used) resort to blur the focus of a discussion, which explains the reason why the number of scandal increases on a geometry scale during the period of elections.
When it comes to the discussion over critical issues, what appear to be equally pathetic to me as the above mentioned absurdity is people who trying to act as Mr. nice guy, who don't really utter a word in the midst of a meeting, and only sum up other people's opinions at the end. One of the most seen speech patterns which being used this kind of people would be:
" I really appreciate the involvement of everyone. Now, I like to say a word or two about this issue as well, Mr. So, I agree to what you said about blah- blah- blah, which is extremely important, I think all of us should give some serious thoughts on that, at the meantime, the problems addressed by Mr. So and So in his speech are also worth our consideration, as such possibilities do exsist in real life, and we should always be prepared."
A nice name for this kind of speaking technique is "Diplomatic Communication Skills", which means "Crap" or "Bullshit" in my dictionary.
Onward...
Once a basic belief or perception is formed, people (at least some of them) will stand up and speak up for it. One of the major benefits from presenting and hearing different arguement and opinion is that the process will trigger an exchange of thoughts, and facilitate a chance of seeing the blind spots in our thinking. Most reasonable people will agree that stimulations from an opposite direction can be a source of inspiration.
Unfortunately, as I have observed, not too many people are capable to conduct the debate and exchange of conflicting thoughts in a proper way. Conflict in beliefts often lead to verbal confrontations, sometimes even in a rather drastic physical form.
Very often, some constrcutive discussions will eventually turn into character references. It is probably the last (yet often used) resort to blur the focus of a discussion, which explains the reason why the number of scandal increases on a geometry scale during the period of elections.
When it comes to the discussion over critical issues, what appear to be equally pathetic to me as the above mentioned absurdity is people who trying to act as Mr. nice guy, who don't really utter a word in the midst of a meeting, and only sum up other people's opinions at the end. One of the most seen speech patterns which being used this kind of people would be:
" I really appreciate the involvement of everyone. Now, I like to say a word or two about this issue as well, Mr. So, I agree to what you said about blah- blah- blah, which is extremely important, I think all of us should give some serious thoughts on that, at the meantime, the problems addressed by Mr. So and So in his speech are also worth our consideration, as such possibilities do exsist in real life, and we should always be prepared."
A nice name for this kind of speaking technique is "Diplomatic Communication Skills", which means "Crap" or "Bullshit" in my dictionary.
Onward...

4 Comments:
哈,你看了那幾串文章是嗎?還是純屬巧合?:-P
um? what articles? What I wrote in this post was based on my personal experiences. =)
噗。XD
扯點別的。你在 Magic East 問到大家在魔術領域的目標是什麼,我想了好久都想不出答案,後來才發現我的最終目標根本不在魔術這個領域中。魔術對我而言是一種理解人心的途徑,多過於一般所認為的娛樂。
當然,如果在我有生之年能夠創造出一些好用的技法或道具來造福未來的愛好者們,我會很高興。畢竟我從前人的智慧中已經得到太多,貢獻一些出來也是理所當然的。
It's great for you to see creating new moves and gimmicks as the ultimate goal in magic, and which you aim to benefit the future generations. So that's a clear goal justified by a nobal intention.
Like I said, I personally see publication as my goal in magic, but even myself couldn't tell the intention and all the reasons why I want to publish my works. Probably I just don't want to bring the secrets to grave as Hofzinser and John Scarne did...
Post a Comment
<< Home